The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Guide for Men
My must have Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Items
- A.G LUX CHINO – I absolutely think every guy needs a pair of these chinos. The fit is just right ( might need to size down because they do stretch) but the fabric is unbelievably soft. They can be worn to work with a dress shirt and a blazer or dressed down on the weekends with a tee and sneakers.
- VINCE REVERSIBLE BOMBER – Bombers are a huge trend and continue to be the lightweight jacket of choice for fall/winter 2016-2017 as well. I love this Vince one for two reasons- 1. the quality is great and 2. IT IS REVERSIBLE. I mean, it’s reversible. I am a sucker for a 2 for 1 deal
- TIMBERLAND CHUKKA BOOT – If I have styled you in the past, chances are you already have this chukka boot in your closet. It is one of my favorite pairs of boots, ever. They are so incredibly comfortable and look even better as they are broken in. You can definitely dress them up and down- I swear they will be a staple in your closet forever. NOTE** They run a full size big and don’t come in half sizes. If you wear a size 10- order a 9. I know you probably think I sound crazy but I have sold hundreds of pairs of these and I am absolutely right about the sizing.
- BONOBOS CASUAL BUTTON DOWN SHIRT – How many of your are over a checkered print? Yeah, me too. I love this shirt because it has a great fit and I love the pattern. This would be a perfect office to date night shirt.
- ALLEN EDMONDS PARK AVE – Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. If you have been reading my style guides and watching my tutorials, you know the emphasis I put on a good pair of shoes. SERIOUSLY. They make or break your outfit. These Allen Edmonds are classic and beautiful. You will have them FOREVER and a great sale deal!
- TO BOOT MONK STRAP – Again I stress the importance of a great show. I love brown dress shoes because they look amazing with grey suits, navy suits, and almost any patterned slack. You need a great pair or brown dress shoes! Not crazy about the monk strap? See all the other brown dress shoes I selected below.
- BOSS SLIM FITTING SUIT– I love a good navy suit because you can wear it anywhere and with anything. This fit is nice and trim without being so skinny that you need to size up.
Here’s the deal with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It’s a 2-week sale where brand new items go on sale for two weeks and after those two weeks, they go back up to full price. What I really love about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale sale is that it’s the perfect time to stock up on some necessary wardrobe staples: dress shoes and boots, a nice suit, light weight jackets and some jeans and chinos.
Dress Shoes & Boots – Best Deals of the sale, if you don’t have a nice pair of black and brown dress shoes this is the time to buy them.
Jackets – Purchase a nice lightweight jacket that you can wear throughout the seasons and can be dressed up or dressed down.
Suiting – Look for a Trim Fit Suit in Navy and Charcoal. Best brands featured are Boss, Z Zegna and Ted baker, everything else is not a shaped fit.
Pants & Denim – The perfect sale if you need new jeans or chinos. My favorite denim fits are the Joe’s Brixton and Slim Fit (on the Nordstrom website it says they run small but they actually run big- you might need to size down), LOVE the Rag & Bone fit 2 for a nice slim straight cut and if you want to a skinny jean the Rag & Bone fit 1 is great – but warning – it is s k i n n y. ALSO- please do not purchase any denim that says “relaxed fit or boot cut.” They are just not flattering! If you have some thunder thighs or extra junk in the trunk, contact me and I will help you find denim for your body. For chinos, I think every guy needs a pair of AG chinos and a pair (or two) of Bonobos.
Casual Tops & Sweaters – Opt for different colors and patterns or nice staples that you can wear to work and on the weekends.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale officially starts the 21st but if you’re a Nordstrom card holder you can shop it now. If you’re in LA and want to make an appointment to shop the sale, contact me here.
Let me know what items you scored during the sale! Happy shopping!
Cheers to fashion, seeing the world and always having fun!